Parenting time refers to the amount of time you are legally allowed to have your child under your care or custody. This is often one of the most contentious issues in family law, which is why you need good representation. Residents of Belleville, IL can rely on Law Offices of Gary A. Mack PC.
Call 618-236-2760 today for a free consultation.
The State of Illinois allocates parenting time based on "the child's best interests," but what does this mean exactly? A few factors taken into consideration include:
1. The wishes of the parents
2. The wishes of the child (taking into account their maturity)
3. The amount of time each parent has spent caring for the child
4. Any prior agreement between the parents relating to the care of the child
5. The child's adjustment to their home, school and community
If you'd like to learn more about how parenting time is allocated, contact Law Offices of Gary A. Mack PC today.